26 October 2010

SunSak

I found a fire from far away
ignited my skin in its heat and put it inside for it to stay
I fueled the fire inside my chest
threw wood and stubble in it so it would grow higher and never rest
I fetched the fire and brought it back home
torched those around me and showed them its glory to let the fire roam

but then


I forgot the fire and drowned out the flare

I let it start to die out and lose its glow before me and lost the fire that I was meant to share
I froze the fire and left it outside
let it sit in the cold wind crying out to me to let it back inside
I failed the fire and its left my soul
I extinguished my source of warmth and sit alone shivering in the cold

but now


I'll fix the fire and build it back up

re-unite it within to re-ignite my skin so I can refill my empty cup, again
I'll free the fire and let it go with sternness
the fire in me will burn all those who are lost and cold and I'll light up the world in a radical, fiery, furnace

Yes - I found a fire from far away

but this fire will never again die down
this fire is here to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment