26 October 2010

Darkhouse

A roaring in my ear reminds me of my fear
of being lost without a course
the wind is my force that drives my vessel
my mind is losing its mental wrestle
the time for cruising has long drifted past
the wet mast is breaking down
we cannot reach ground too soon
Poseidon is whistling his stormy tune
the moon is raising waves and crashing
- them in giant surges of ocean
hopeless emotion floods my core
leaving my hopeless body soaked and sore
Escaping air from my salty lungs
My ship is sea-stripped bare and stung
- with sideways rain
Drowning in pain I call our your name
one last scream before i lose the ropes
Washed away hopes...im letting go
Im drinking in my fate and rethinking the past
How fast its gone by
Im starting to sink under the burning in my
- eye and wonder how deep before my dark
- ocean drowns out my life
I've found that my tears mix with the sea
and fix my fears, calm direction
A broken connection between my mind and the world
I'm being taken under in a smooth swirl
The water's rising - the soul within me dying
I'll sink into a hole as my ships dead anchor -
A cold, lifeless steel.
Dark water becoming real, im loosing all touch and feel to the sky.
Numbing chill fills my eyes. My sight being
engulfed with blackness
The time has come for all time to be lost.
For so much lost time, time is the cost.
Arms stretched out, im finally going down...down...down
the roar is quiet now.

No comments:

Post a Comment