26 October 2010

Rampart

Forgive me Father - Friend - for I have failed you again. Release me of this wicked hold that's shackled my weary hands. Forget how far away I've ran and let me know all parts of your perfect plan. I want to want what you want. I want to know your son. I want to stop where I'm going and have you point in the direction I'm supposed to run.

But when I look your direction, there's a blurry glass wall in the way - keeping me from seeing you and hearing all you have to say. So I turn away and the wall is now thicker and higher. But please believe me, it's truly only you who I so longingly desire! When I bang on the glass, it hardly even cracks. No matter what I choose to use to break it, it only seems to fight back.


Now the glass has gone black - surrounding me, ready to pounce and attack. There's nothing I can do - I just want it out of the way of me and you...YOU! You have to do it! You're the only one who can break through it! Oh God! Please take your mighty fists and tear down this giant glass wall! Before it cuts deep a hole underneath me and causes me to fall.


But wait...there's another layer on the glass - something in the way of you breaking down the wall, like you could do so fast. There's something stopping you - something in place of where your striking blow will land...Oh my God! I see what's in the way - what's holding on the wall, it's my own pale hands! I don't understand...it's been me in your way every time you tried to break the wall apart? I'm sitting here wondering why you won't finish it off, but it's because you can't even start. I'm the one who has lost all control over my own heart.


Oh Father - forgive me! Do not hold it against me! I didn't even realize! I couldn't even see my own freaking hand covering my own eyes - telling me lies - leading me off unto my own demise. I built this wall between us - this sharp glass tower. And it's grown so huge that I can't even take it down anymore with my own power. Oh Father, this is the hour - the time to rain down all your might in a heavenly shower, over the wall between us and over me.


Jesus...you are all that I truly need.


Move my hand away and move in me. Shatter the filthy wall into a thousand pieces in the street for all who knew the wall to see and give you praise and glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment