26 October 2010

Lost ]Found[

Then I opened up my eyes and saw you standing here
with me - in front of me
looking deep into my eyes and all that resides and hides behind them
You had been staring into my eyes
through my eye lids like they weren't even there - a piercing stare straight there
which means...
Through drowning in a salty ocean - you were holding my head above the waves
Through going deaf from piercing fear - You were screaming my name
Through giving up a search for some sort of quench - Your hands held out a drink generously
Through falling backwards without catch - Your hands kept me up so tenderly
and I couldn't even see it
When my soul didn't fit - You changed the shape it was in
When the things I built up crashed down again - You broke me down to make me sound, again
As my weeping and screaming tore apart all that I knew - You put me back together and made me new
and I couldn't even see it
When I almost ended but still got out
- that was You
When I was drowning and couldn't quite get back up, and a hand saved me and pulled me out
- that was You
When the mud and fire consumed me
entirely
someone, something
wiped me down
and made me clean
so I could see
- that was You
wasn't it
through it all - the whole time
You were there - for Me
I was blind but now...
I SEE

No comments:

Post a Comment