26 October 2010

Champagne

i don't know what to say...

i'm in so much pain and dying to get away. Please take me from here, now! But i know you won't and that that's not how it goes.


i'm crying. all of me is weeping. From my hair to my toes and my skin to my bones. And i don't freaking know how to let it out or let it go. Show me - open me up and un-shut my eyes. Unlock the flood-gate-windows that show who i really am and let them cry and drown me from the inside down me.


Keep knocking me to the ground and throwing me on the sky - keep destroying my legs and making me learn to fly. i dont care how bad it hurts or all the wounds that have to heal first - i will conquer my curse and

arise, Phoenix, and burst forth to be ripped apart by light beams that each have a soft name and keep me, ME - sewing my seams into each other, one after another.

But when will it be over? i can only walk through so much fire that melts my skin with laughter and crushes my soul down to its wire. i'm worn, i’m torn, i'm weary, i'm tired, and still i'm on fire.


Why did you bless me with an ore heart that beats itself sore. A heart that's beat is so thick. A heart that's stained red with LOVE but still black and sick. A heart with its own sweet sound that pounds and pounds on my chest, resounding with echoes of itself bounding up and down-ding around-ding, searching and finding all the wrong hearts that it's beating for.

but it beats for one and for one more. It beats for all others, of course, but besides your heart, there is one it beats most for. This ONE, it beats toward and beats from its bloody, red, beating core 'til its beaten silly and sore, dying to meet the heart that beats for it in the same way if not more - the one (besides yours which you created to beat harder, the hardest for) that it was started to adore


But that's the curse. My heart beats TOO hard and it's not easy to beat it back into my gaping chest. It's beats are getting out of rhythm and have been getting worse. i don't have the tempo that i once possessed - the one that goes hand-in-hand, note-by-note with the love and commands that pour from your throat. i've lost the remote to turn it off and slow it down. And now its going crazy and going to town - painting all around with buckets of red wash - at first having a ball but then causing everyone around to drown and gasp to the ground in a red-soaked, wicked mosh of death and pain - all in vain.


But then i catch my brain and see the souls before me that i've all slain. But it wasn't even my heart beating insane. It was the beast of green that came to reign. It drained my drum and made it dumb to pain of my own soul and to the others on the train it was conducting South on a path straight to Hell for death and shame.


This monster i become, i can't contain. It contains me in chains under a sea of champagne - where i can't breath or dream or remain. And drowning there with me is the people i've slain and dragged to the Depths of the Mundane. There, remains a soaked, sunken airplane who used to fly and live in the sky. Now he slowly drowns and dies under a sea of champagne to where is now his abyss-dungeon-domain.


Water soaks the walls of the vein and salt burns the nerves of the bloody lane.


As i stroll through the still air of the wet town, drenched in the death of the slain-body-crowd, with a cane walking past soul after soul, bounded by cold chain, it's not red paint that is painting the stain, but a brush filled with red champagne that used to live and thrive and pump and beat and dive into life, with none to lose and tons to gain.

__________

i am this lane

with puddles of wine - unable to sustain life.
i am this street
that has no end - walking beside no friend.
i am this plane
fallen from the sky - ready to sink and die.
i am this beat
cursed inside my chest - laying naked and undressed

with champagnes in my veins

__________

take my heart as i lay dying

rip it from my center - sew it back together
for i've stopped trying
move and remove all in the way - and enter my soul that is crying
hold me tenderly - wash me with rain
and send me flying

No comments:

Post a Comment