26 October 2010

Show me the Other Side of Your Face

You're this huge, buff dude with a deep voice and giant eyes and when You speak or look at me it beats me down to cry.
You've got these massive hands more magnificent than any other man's and a body so overwhelming it leaves me unable to even hardly stand.
And when You hold me, i tremble like fear from a storm,
and when You hug me, i shiver even though You're absolutely warm.
You talk to me and its an eruption from a volcano
and You sing to me like stomping on the keys of a piano.
You're so mighty and big and powerful that You can take a hold of my world and shake it,
but You're so huge and awesome that i feel as if i can hardly even take it.

In my fear i run to hide in a tree,

but no matter where i am whimpering
You're so great that You always find me.

i'm afraid of Your ability and fear you 'cause You're so crazy and wild,

and yes i'm praising for You're unbelievably amazing,
but all i really want is to see from you
a soft gentle smile.

i've seen You blow up a mountain

and i've seen Your explosions in the sky.
i know what it feels like to get soaked to the bone from the sky's fountain,
and i've seen the way You make stars fly.
i've heard the thunder's and booms,
i've watched a hurricane as it blooms.
i remember the smell of the wind as it roared passed the top of the volcano,
and i recall the memories as i touched the rush of a dancing tornado.

But what i'm lacking and what i've missed,

what i truly desire, at the top of my list,
what my heart aches for deeply is
the kiss of quietness - the peace of silence
the repose of stillness - a whisper to fulfill this
to fulfill me, completely.

Your eyes are so strong and open and striking -

look at me warmly so my adrenaline isn't spiking.
Your hands are so deep that i'm swallowed in your palm -
hold me gently so that my heart can lay calm.
Your arms are so long, i fall in too deep -
hug me like a teddy bear so i can fall deep asleep.
Your words are so loud and they're always the same -
talk to me softly and let me hear you say my name.

i know that magnificence flows in Your bones

by the mighty wonders to me You've shown.
And i know that You've loved me for quite a long while
but tell me, just that You like me
through a soft gentle smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment