30 August 2011

Sunshine Shroud

WELCOME BACK, Sunshine! It's been such a long time!
You've been hiding away behind the clouds in the sky
We've missed you so much but please...answer why?
Every morning you climb up your ladder in the East
but recently you've forgotten to light up the world or even try at least

I've been in the dark and wet and deceased
Soaked down by a stormy beast
Why didn't you push it away and make the night day and make the storm go away?
Without your light, life dies away,

Ive been laid on the buffet tray for evil to come and devour my light
that has so little watt left any more
I've shriveled up without you
Empty - Forgotten - Ignored

Every drop targets my head
Oh! I hate the rain and its the rain that's spread into everything
with only more rain to bring ahead

Oh! Sunshine! Dry me off and warm me up!
Spill out the water and refill my cup with brightness illumination
and rainless, dry celebration
sun for me to drink from and become
transformation
Photosynthesis - I need light
I'm dead from this constant rainy fight
I need rays tonight

Wait! Why are you leaving, again?!
Where'd you go to this time?
You're leaving lost men in blindfolds searching for something to hold in the sky
You've climbed back down your ladder in the West
and left me to drown in this wet storm-fest
I should've guessed you'd be gone by now

Now, the cover of the cloud is a sunshine shroud

How am I supposed to see with rain falling over my brow?
How am I suppose to survive being drenched again and surrounded by black?
Oh - Sunshine - won't you please come back?

No comments:

Post a Comment