23 June 2011

Misery Bones

When I am without you

I'm stricken in the skin with 
misery bones

A well in my face pilled with a bucket of dust
The doors split and crack like a baby-boy scribble-draft bubble-fuss
The red rivers running slow and cold
and the current feels old
So deep a grief like a green-barred thief
in the depths of a gully between time and space
I rob you with my own sullen face to your face
You let me rape a mirror holding us
but I lock my look-eyes when the doors are closed
and fantasize of memory-thoughts froze
frozen to be broken
But I keep them cold and held to hold until I thaw
Just a step - toward the raw fire - that the dripping can commense
and soften the bark on my skin and heart

Oh these misery bones need a home in your home
'cause they break and they shake and they're alone

When I am without you

No comments:

Post a Comment