26 March 2011

The Zealousy

I run
over many moons
I've run from a distance with my eye on the path
but the path began to drift
and I toward the wrath

the Way began to narrow
and my vessel adopted an apnea for fostering and catering the cratering of my span
I began to implode and run out of road
like a depraved old man of bones

One foot frosty - one foot fiery
but neither of me as either entirely 
and from the tasty lips of a beauty filled mouth
when my strung out tongue asked favor come down
words - as lucid rain for a dried up town - met me
with revolt and violently spewed me out

hence...I awoke

like a terror in the night
my heart broke and soul started a fight

The time for pillows out of newspaper has burned up
Haven't your iris' licked the headlines?
WAKE UP!
The rooster's hymn has sang three times!
and your eyelids have been falling for meadows of lies

Blue suns wide - I run no more sitting paralytic
My knees wobble and creak but they lock and I rank the chair
and it sits pathetic and weak
and I strip myself bare of all of me there

I brake shackles
I burn flesh
I beat my body and make it my slave
and its master's master thresh me
lest I be rooted in mess
or dressed with the grave

I fix my eyes - may they be blind
with ruthless love throbbing with passion
and wet with fiery zealousy

O Captain, my Captain!
Yell to me a charge from the depths of your heart
and I WILL RUN

No comments:

Post a Comment