20 December 2010

Manifest Destiny

I've wanted my whole life to meet an angel
to see upon a beauty only seen by ghosts
to be amidst pure soul where flesh is absent and hole
I've dreamed she love me and I love her as thee
a mirror of the inside of me I cannot see
a manifest of destiny

I've chased a child's lifetime
in swings and skips 
through sails of ships
in so many nooks and their so many crannies
in pseudo character of motion light
in pages and chapters
in arrested illumination and its bodily captor
bound tight

I've been digging for this ghostly groan in a pile of bones
poking for nothing less than breath
on a road paved to my angel's death

A path gets traveled backwards and the end is most dreadful
still we never turn around until after the cliff is of no return
because behind us is a gust of lust that fills up our lungs with sweet empty air
and tickles our nose hairs
and oh how sweet it tastes unbare

I flew this path although naive
although ignorant as a two year old thief
still I flew
to touch the angel I had laid in my mind I had to find

On a moment as sure as the sun
the sun so as fast as it could
hid its face and made the sky dark as my heart
and on darkness I stood
I stripped away life and breath
to breathe is a gift
I unwrapped and destroyed it as it mine to void and rift

My hands would never do such a thing as I did
Then explain her death but as your heart of this rid
but just a kid - doesn't change it
but only a child - doesn't sway it

The spirit I was yearning and losing and burning
was held and drowned
killed by my very sound
Now why watch a will to live
lift and split and cease to exist
But who am I to magestify myself
What right do I have to think I own life
much less death
to think I pilot what time I have left
or that any other clock ticks by my count
or that the cosmos might almost notice any piece of my shout
and song and hopelessness
this rawness does not lay in my hands

But the hands that hold and the hands that feed
tell me that she still sings
she still paints and creates
she still lights up the moon near by the sea
she still looks for me 
and I for her
the angel the clincher
Not she I shall chase
but the heart of the one who lay the mug of my face
Who lay before me 
the manifest of my destiny

No more shove in love
but surrender to fall forever



No comments:

Post a Comment