21 September 2010

My God is YHWH | II

Forty days and forty nights
I've walked these legs with all my might
through the vast deserted dune sea
all the way from the shady broom tree
where I thought would be my final place
there and angel brushed across my face
and hushed my prayer for death to reap
and woke me from a deadly sleep
and lay me food to eat
and gave me might
forty days and nights

Until the moment when my shadows and me

reach the mountain at the end of the sea
I wondered me alone
but I am not without He

And at the highland that holds up the sky

I breached the sand and began to climb
Bare below my stifled knees
for the tread below me was warmed holy

I passed a tree beside me

along side the path - a glowing fern
The tree had been set alight
but the tree did not choose to burn
For the angel that fed me
underneath the shady broom tree
was sitting with my brother shadow
on this hallow - inside the tree
making it beam so that I could see

And the gleam lit up a wall

that had been chiseled into
And I saw from this wall
a weary law soon to be made new
by my other shadow in his bloody hue

And from then on I knew

from the shadows and the trees
that I was not alone

I am without me

No comments:

Post a Comment