21 September 2010

My God is YHWH | I


I'll climb up to the top of a mountain
All the way up confused and doubting
Alone and surrounded by empty air
Broken and weak - in need of repairing

I just walked a couple hundred miles

All the while no food to sooth my aching legs
My body feels torn to shreds
Stained orange-red
Begging to be where I am to be
and finished from drowning in this sandy sea

I'm alone again - I am without me


I tread and trot in line of the sun

Fed by fire and blazed undone
My mouth my hands my feet walking through this duney sea
As dry as the brook that was supposed to quench me
As dark as the ravens that were born to feed my teeth
Both are gone now

I am alone without me


But there is another whom I've never met

But is as dear as a brother
and here still yet
He has walked before me
through this voided sea
and has pained the pain of these weary knees

He is a shadow walking behind me

Touching my skin with shade
With me all along as the light begins to fade into a dreary night song
He helps me keep moving on

But there is one other whom I've yet to've met

But is as close as my blood
and has paid off my debt
He will walk these miles
as the shadow and me
We are alone without him and he without He

And as I go I realized

I am not truly alone

And I climbed up to the top of the mountain

All the way up fused and shouting
Grown and surrounded by ample air
Kept and complete and entirely there
Finally out of the vacant sea

I'm not alone - I am without me

No comments:

Post a Comment